Nutritional Info

Download our Nutritional Guide

Pure Crystalline Fructose

Our frozen yogurt is made with only pure crystalline fructose; an entirely different ingredient than high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS). Pure crystalline fructose is sweeter than table sugar therefore less is needed to achieve the same sweetness.

Most yogurt shops across the country use either HFCS, sucrose (table or cane sugar), or even honey. Don’t be fooled, even natural honey still provides that same sugar spike similar to that of table sugar and cane sugar.

Only pure crystalline fructose has a low Glycemic Index number (only 20!). Because of its unique metabolic qualities, many people with sugar-related problems could enjoy pure crystalline fructose. (If you are sensitive to sugar, check with your physician to see if you can eat pure crystalline fructose).

Exactly what’s in YOUR frozen yogurt? You’ll find that at Josie’s Frozen Yogurt, desserts can be tasty and health-conscious simultaneously!

Why Pure Crystalline Fructose?

Pure crystalline fructose is derived from corn just like high fructose corn syrup. Extra processing steps result in the crystalline product that is close to 100% pure fructose. Federal standards define pure crystalline fructose be at least 98% fructose with the remaining 2% as water and minerals. This pure sweetener is 20% sweeter than sucrose (also known as table sugar or cane sugar) and high-fructose corn syrup and has been around for about 20 years.

Pure crystalline fructoseoffers several unique benefits that make it more advantageous to use compared to high-fructose corn syrup and other sweeteners. These are also some of the reason why we are seeing it so widely used today.

Sweetness

Because pure crystalline fructose is sweeter than table sugar and HFCS, it is a valuable sweetener for low-calorie, sugar-free foods and beverages since less can be used to achieve the same sweetness. This saves money and carbohydrate contribution for the same sweetness impact.

Improved Texture, Taste, and Stability

This form of fructose is easily combined with other sweeteners and starches to not only boost sweetness but also to improve cake-height, mouth-feel, surface-browning, and aroma in baked goods. Since fructose does not hydrolyze in the same manner as sucrose, product flavor remains stable for extended storage periods.

Low Glycemic Index

Pure crystalline fructosehas a low glycemic index (22) compared to other sweetener sources such as honey (55), high-fructose corn syrup (62), and table sugar (64). Since the bodies’ glycemic response is dependent on both the type AND amount of carbohydrate consumed, lower index and less sweetener aids in the development of foods with low glycemic loads ideal for sugar-controlled foods and beverages.

Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates are a very essential component of a healthy diet. The glucose obtained from carbohydrates fulfills the energy requirements of the body. Frozen yogurt is a carbohydrate rich food and thus, provides the body with instant energy.

Calcium

Calcium is an essential mineral for the body which keeps the bones healthy and strong, protects the heart and also aids in losing weight. Frozen yogurts are made from dairy products, so it makes them rich in calcium. However, regular yogurt is a far richer source of calcium for the body. Read more on how to make yogurt.

All Frozen Yogurts Are NOT Created Equal

No one can deny the increase in obesity and diabetes over the past 30 years in our society. This dubious honor is bestowed upon High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), and a major reason is because corn syrup doesn’t shut off our appetites. And when your appetite doesn’t shut off, you continue to eat, and eat and eat.

Since the advent of corn syrup, consumption of all sweeteners has soared, as have people’s weights.

Diabetes Today

Annually people consume 63 lbs. of HFCS, equivalent to 128,000 calories. Type 2 Diabetes has closely paralleled the increase use of HFCS. Today, more people are affected by Diabetes than all forms of cancer combined; at this current pace in today’s society, 1 in 3 people will contract diabetes. Diabetes increases the risk of heart disease, some cancers and blindness.

All of the flavor nutritional information is derived from the base flavors that are used. Additional flavoring is added to each base to achieve the desired flavor. The additional flavoring adds approximately 2 calories per 4 oz. serving.

Sweet, healthy and refreshing? That's what is't like to get your frozen yogurt at Josie's; stop on by to get your Delicious Frozen Yogurt!

Josie's Yogurt Josie's Yogurt

If a Frozen Yogurt sounds good, then you might want to run off to Josie's and indulge your taste-buds.

Josie's Yogurt Josie's Yogurt

Did you say have a Mango Cheesecake? Why not? At Josie's, the yogurt is bursting with flavor.

Josie's Yogurt Josie's Yogurt