Think you know everything there is to know about frozen yogurt? Think again! Here at Josie’s, we strive to know everything there is to know about this delicious frozen treat, and we guarantee to keep you up to date too! Without further ado, here’s 5 fun facts about frozen yogurt:
1. Yogurt is actually a cultured milk product, created by adding “good” bacteria to milk. These healthy cultures, L. bulgaricus and S. thermophilus, are what gives yogurt its unique qualities. Tiny organisms ferment and convert the milk sugar (lactose) into lactic acid. This process creates the well known tangy flavor of frozen yogurt.
2. People have been creating and eating regular yogurt for over 4,000 years! Frozen yogurt was first introduced to the world in the early 1970s in New England.
3. Yogurt can be made by any mammal that produces milk. Goats, sheep and water buffalo are commonly used in the United States while other countries often use the milk from a yak or camel.
4. Frozen yogurt has had many names including: Frogurt, Humphreez Yogart and Danny.
5. Yogurt benefits the body in a multitude of different ways. Some of these include:
- Boosts your immune system
- Lowers serum cholesterol
- Help overcome lactose intolerance and aid in the digestion of milk proteins
- Prevents some yeast infections
- Yogurt is a great source of protein, calcium, potassium and the vitamins B12 and Riboflavin
So there you have it, 5 fun facts about frozen yogurt that are sure to entice you into visiting your local Josie’s Self Serve Frozen Yogurt Shop.buy cialis
Trackback from your site.